We remain committed to the safety of our staff and users, and have established COVID-19 protocols to ensure on-site users can safely perform their experiments.
User Access Requirements
Before coming on-site, please ensure:
- You are listed as a team member on an active project in the User Portal.
- Beamline staff have confirmed the time and duration of your on-site visit.
- You have completed all required facility access training, including the new COVID Orientation via the CLS Training System.
Users are encouraged to check in at reception during business hours (Monday-Friday 8-4:30).
To enter and exit the CLS, use the main lobby. You will need to check in with the reception desk and a completion of a health attestation may be required.
Recently, the University of Saskatchewan (USask) announced new COVID-19 vaccination measures. The Canadian Light Source (CLS) is required to comply with these USask Health and Safety protocols, and supports these efforts as they align with our commitment to provide a safe working environment for our staff, users, contractors, and their families. Therefore, effective January 4th, 2022 anyone coming on-site to the CLS MUST show proof of being fully vaccinated with a WHO approved vaccine; proof of negative testing will not be accepted.
Beginning January 4th, 2022, all individuals are required to show proof of WHO-approved vaccination by providing one of the following, along with government-issued photo ID
- Scanning the SK vaccination QR code with the SK Verifier App (applies only to Saskatchewan residents)
- Certificate of Vaccination, written in English, that contains:
- Proof of full vaccination
- Date of last vaccination (must be more than than 14 days prior to coming on-site)
- Individual's name
While at the CLS
- Medical grade disposal masks are required to be worn while on-site at the CLS.
- These are provided to all individuals by the CLS, and are available at the main entrance.
- Masks must be worn prior to approaching reception to sign-in.
- Physical distancing must be maintained while on-site.
- Groups are limited to four Visitors / Contractors at a time.
- Access will only be provided to the areas required. Entering areas not related to the purpose of the visit is not permitted.
- Eating / drinking while on-site is permitted, and must be done in designated areas of the facility.
When leaving the facility
- You must sign out with reception prior to exiting the building.
Private Testing Providers
Local facilities offer COVID-19 testing (for a fee) for those requiring proof of a negative COVID-19 test. Please see this list for options in Saskatoon, or visit the Saskatchewan Health Authority website for the most up-to-date information.