Be recognized as a leading centre providing synchrotron light for research outcomes and the advancement of knowledge in health, agriculture, environment, and advanced materials.
To enable science using synchrotron light for the benefit of Canada.
CLS fulfills its purpose by:
- Enabling innovative science by excelling in the development and application of synchrotron techniques.
- Operating CLS to effectively support users and maximize scientific outcomes.
- Solving scientific, engineering, computing, financial, human resources and administrative challenges through development of innovative designs and solutions.
- Building a vibrant, multidisciplinary user community.
- Fostering a work environment that drives internal and external collaboration and creativity, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Promoting the importance and benefits of synchrotron light to engage stakeholders, inspire the public, and ensure long-term support.
- Integrity and excellence
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Professional and quality support
- Safe working environment
- Public accountability
- Effectiveness and efficiency