Three prizes will be awarded:
1st Place: $500
2nd Place $250
3rd Place $100
The live virtual poster session will take place on October 7, 2020, starting at 1:00 pm (platform to be announced). Learn about the latest research conducted by CLS users in agriculture, health, environment, and advanced materials. There will also be a session for our education program where are students on the beamlines groups will have an opportunity to share their research, as well as a session for CLS 2.0-Future Science. Each poster presentation will last for 3 minutes and audience members can participate in a question and answer period. Prizes will be awarded to the best presentations by a panel of CLS scientists and Users’ Executive Committee members.
If you would like to submit a poster, please indicate this when you register for the AUM and you will be contacted by our team through email. Alternatively, you may contact Danielle.Veikle@lightsource.ca before the October 1 deadline. Posters will be displayed on the CLS website for one month following the AUM (unless otherwise specified by author).
Poster Session – Eligibility
Anyone can register for the CLS Annual Users’ Meeting and indeed submit a poster, however, in order to be eligible for prize consideration the poster should be about research conducted at CLS.
2020 Annual User meeting Poster Judging Matrix
Overall Scientific Question and Results (30 points)
- Is this a literature review, proposed study or complete scientific investigation (10)
- Is there synchrotron research included in the study – was it done at the CLS (10)
- Is there a clear objective/hypothesis/conclusion of the research? (10)
Poster Quality (40 points)
- Quality of figures and effectiveness of graphics (10)
- Explanation of results in figure legends and elsewhere (10)
- Arrangement of figures/tables/text – effectiveness and attractiveness (10)
- Acknowledgements (5)
- References and citations (5)
Oral Presentation Quality (30 points)
- Ability to answer direct research questions about poster (10)
- Overall grasp of topic and material (10)
- Professionalism (10)