Major Infrastructure Projects Overview
CLS is now starting to look to potential future projects and at this stage we are inviting interested scientific leaders to tell us what major infrastructure projects they would like to see at the CLS in the next few years.
Important dates and process
The timeline and the details of review process for future CLS major projects are as follows:
- Jan 27, 2017 – Close of the call for expressions of interest
- Feb 10, 2017 – Participants will be informed if they are invited to proceed to the next stage
- May 2-4, 2017 – Participants will present their projects to the CLS’ Science Advisory Committee
- The SAC will rank the proposals in order of scientific merit, and, if there are competing proposals for the last straight section, will recommend which one be invited to proceed.
- CLS will decide which projects to support, based both on the SAC’s recommendations and the likely availability of CLS resources over the full duration of the projects. CLS will assume that all projects will be funded, and will not commit to more projects than we can realistically support.
- June 2017 – Successful projects will receive CLS science and engineering support sufficient to develop a proposal for CFI that will have a realistic scope, timeline and budget.
- December 2017 – Projects will be presented to the CLSI Board of Directors for final approval.
- Successful projects will continue to have support from CLS during the CFI application process. The goal is to have a conceptual design report and detailed budget complete by the date of Confirmation of Award
- Spring 2018 – Anticipated call for the next round of CFI Infrastructure Fund projects
- Fall 2018 – Anticipated deadline for the CFI Infrastructure Fund projects proposal submission
- Fall 2019 – Anticipated time of CFI funding announcement