Outreach RequestOur new address is 44 Innovation Boulevard.
Please note that while our address has changed, our location has not. Click here for a map showing the new route to access our facility.
Canadian Light Source Inc. is a publicly funded national research facility. We welcome opportunities to help the public understand the research conducted within our facility and participate in as much as our resources allow. CLS has a small display in the reception area and informational brochures are available daily between 8 am and 4:30 pm. Offices are closed on weekends and statutory holidays.
Answers to frequently asked questions regarding tours can be found here: http://www.lightsource.ca/education/tour_faq.php.
- The Canadian Light Source is a research facility. While we appreciate the opportunity to share our enthusiasm for science, the research activities of the facility take precedence. Please contact us at least two weeks in advance to make an outreach request via the web form below, email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-657-3525.
- The CLS is a large research facility. Our tour involves a walk around the perimeter of the synchrotron, roughly the size of a football field. Visitors are advised that there are no opportunities to rest during the walk.
- For safety, security and regulatory reasons all guests must sign in and out of the building. To facilitate this, please provide a list of the names and affiliation of all attendees prior to your visit, via either email email@example.com or fax (306) 657-3535. Please arrive 5 minutes before the start of your tour to sign in.
- If any of the members of your party are more than 10 minutes late, they will be escorted to join the group only if there is CLS staff available to do so. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- If you need to cancel your tour, please do so as early as possible by contacting the main reception desk at (306) 657-3500
Request a Tour
Educational Tours Public Tours Scientific, Technical or Industry Tours
Click this link for a front façade -> http://www.lightsource.ca/files/download.php?id=1613&view=1
There is a red brick ramp to the right of the image's view that takes you to the reception area.
The CLS does have limited meter parking in our main parking lot in front of the main entrance. If these meters are not available please do not park in non-meter spots as they are reserved for staff with permits. There are also two meters on North Road by the north entrance (Entrance not accessible to the public). If there are no meter spots or there is construction blocking our parking lot, there is a University parking lot for visitors, Lot 4, around the corner from us on North Road. It is a short walk to our entrance from here. The Canadian Light Source is not responsible for any tickets received while visiting the facility.
Thank you for your interest in CLSI. For further information regarding our facility please visit other pages on our web site. If you have any questions concerning this or any other CLS Educational Outreach program, please contact the Educational Outreach Coordinator, Tracy Walker at (306) 657-3525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.